|Добавлено: 20.05.2021 12:08 Заголовок сообщения: What kind of "back pain" is dangerous you should s
|What kind of "back pain" is dangerous you should see a doctor.
- A large number of patients with idiopathic back pain. Or have severe back pain with neurological symptoms, so it's important to see a doctor to find the cause and treat your back pain.
- People who are afraid of spinal surgery in the past Can be trusted Due to the new technology in surgery, patients recover quickly, minor wounds, less pain, and short recovery at a reasonable price. Which corresponds to the lifestyle and needs of the people today
What kind of "back pain" is dangerous you should see a doctor.
Dr. Phat Amnattrakul, M.D., Accidental Surgery at Samitivej Sukhumvit Hospital, argues that back pain is a common problem in all sexes, ages and populations around the world. In some patients the symptoms are severe enough to affect their work. And interfere with daily life
How many types of back pain are there?
If divided by the time period, back pain may occur (Acute: less than 6 weeks back pain), subacute (6-12 weeks back pain) and chronic pain (Chronic: persistent back pain less than 6 weeks). For more than 12 weeks) in industrialized countries The lifetime prevalence of back pain is approximately 60-70% (annual prevalence approximately 15-45%, adult incidence approximately 5% per year).
Causes of back pain
Most patients with back pain have various causes or factors. That provokes back pain, such as sports injuries that are too heavy Wrong movement However There are a large number of people who experience low back pain, so it's important to see a doctor to determine the cause and treat your back pain. By the causes or groups of diseases that cause patients to suffer from back pain include
Muscle Strain or Ligament Sprain Inflammation of the muscles and ligaments in the back. It is most common in patients with a history of being exposed to excessive physical activity, such as bending over, lifting heavy objects. Sitting in the same position for a long time The movement of the wrong position with the rapidity Including sports injuries
Diseases of herniated disc Herniated disc is one of the causes of chronic back pain. And often have repeated symptoms Back pain, along with neurological symptoms, such as pain in the legs, numbness or weakness, are often associated with herniated discs.
Back pain associated with degeneration of the spine, including osteoporosis. Scoliosis or hunchback
Pain after other causes
- Pain after fracture Whether it is a physical fracture (Physiologic fracture) is a typical accidental spinal fracture or a pathologic fracture, such as a fracture from a spinal infection. Spinal tuberculosis Or broken from a malignant tumor
- Pain after arthritis, e.g. Facet Arthritis, SI joint arthritis, pain after ankylosing spondylitis.
- pain after infection of the spine
- pain after tumors Or bone cancer
The risk of back pain
- Excessive activity
- lack of exercise
What kind of back pain is dangerous? Need to see a doctor?
- Continued back pain And more and more pain over 4 weeks
- Back pain caused by serious accidents such as traffic accidents, falling from a height
- Back pain with neurological disorders such as back pain with pain in the legs, leg numbness or weakness in the legs.
- Back pain in combination with wasted control of bowel movements such as loss of urinary incontinence
- Back pain associated with fever, weight loss.
Diagnosis to determine the cause of back pain It is the first step in the treatment of successful back pain. The diagnosis of back pain is based on the following medical methods.
History and nature of pain, duration, location of pain, for example Lower back pain Pain in the middle of the waist, back pain, scapula to the neck. Symptoms History of injury Medical history Including congenital disease conditions, etc.
Check where there is pain Check the movement, flexibility, distortion of the spine.
Examination of the nervous system Including examination of feelings Check muscle strength Sensitivity to nervous system stimulation (Reflex) test
Examination through the laboratory
Regular X-ray examinations are used to assess back bone deformities. Assess the fracture of the bone
A special X-ray exam, such as a CT scan or MRI, is used to assess the condition of the nerve cavity stenosis. Herniated disc, infection, or tumor of the spine.
Preventing back pain
Correct posture in daily activities based on the principles of 3 Smarts.
Sit Smart: Correct sitting posture and work. By practicing to sit upright Sit with your butt full. The back is right against the backrest, the table and the chair are at a suitable and consistent height. Including avoiding sitting in the same position for a long time
Stand Smart: Correct standing can reduce injury to your back muscles. Avoid standing hunchback Stand down on one leg
Lift Smart: bending and lifting the right object By lowering your knees down to lift things instead of bending your back down. In order to use the strength of the leg muscles to lift objects when standing up. Can reduce injuries to the posterior structure as well
- Avoid excessive physical activity or activity, such as lifting heavy objects, doing sports with a lack of muscle preparation (Warm up).
- Regularly exercising or exercising to strengthen the abdominal and back muscles
- No smoking
Prevention and reduction of risk factors for back pain syndrome And regularly observe back pain by yourself It is an important part of taking care of yourself easily. But if you experience back pain with bad signs, such as long-term back pain. Or back pain in conjunction with disorders of the nervous system (Red flag signs) should seek medical experts in the orthopedic field. To perform an assessment and diagnose the cause As well as continue to do the correct treatment
Due to the evolution of spinal surgery technology nowadays it is constantly evolving and advancing far ahead. The term "dissection will not walk" that once made everyone very afraid of spinal surgery in the past. Probably not having much effect at present If you see a doctor and actually need surgery Can be trusted Due to the many advantages of new technology in surgery such as quick recovery, small incision, less pain, short recovery time at an affordable price. Which is in line with the lifestyle and needs of people today as well
Recommended Blog :: joker gaming